Total Pageviews

Monday, February 25, 2013

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend:

Daniel Day Lewis - well deserved win for best actor in a movie as a leading man.

I have never seen someone who can "disappear" in a role like he can.  Incredible.  His "Lincoln" is one for the ages.

Met a couple of new families yesterday at our church.

Am grateful for guests, visitors who are checking us out.

Jesus said:  Follow me - in the context of trials and tribulations and of not comparing ourselves with others.

Great altar time at the end of the second service - God took hold and moved in a powerful way!

It thrills me - in fact it is one of my favorite things in life to see people standing around the altar worshipping God.  There were tears, people crying out to God.  Our God is a good God.

To find meaning in life we are not to go purpose hunting but God hunting.  And when we find God, we will find our purpose.

The reason I exist on this planet it to worship and serve God.

I exist for God, God does not exist for me.

God is concerned about me.  God desires to answers my prayers.  God would have sent His only Son Jesus to die on the cross for me (for the forgiveness of my sins) - but this whole human experience is about God not about me.

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience - we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

To make a difference - I must make loving God a priority in my life.  I must walk in forgiveness.  I must believe that I must and I can make a difference in someones life.

Do you leave people better when you leave their presence than when they entered in your presence?

Michigan State - lost two in a row.  Come on, Spartans!  You can do better!

Can sense spring coming around the corner (despite the snow we are about to get this week).

Again, (and it's a wonderful "broken record" that I get to say this) I met some people I didn't know at Upward Basketball this past Saturday.

Two more Saturdays to go!  May God do a work in the life of each parent and child who attends!

Being real and open with one another is the only way to go - to have a meaningful, successful relationship with someone.

I need you, you need me - we all need God.

I would encourage you to hang out with God this week!

Love you all....

No comments: