Total Pageviews

Monday, February 18, 2013

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend:

Busy weekend of ministry at Stone Church.

The church gym was filled with three different activites - one in the morning, one in the afternoon and one in the evening.

I love it!

I continue to meet parents and children at Upward Basketball who do not attend our church.  What a great outreach.  What a wonderful way of bringing people from our community to our church campus - and connect!

There is enough energy in our church gym on a Saturday morning to run Chicago for a day!

I am extremely grateful for all of our Upward volunteers - those who coach, run the clock, the concession stands, etc.

Thank you for your time, your help and your service in God's kingdom.  You are loved and appreciated!

The younger couples of our church had a potluck on Saturday evening, with a time of sharing and having fun afterward.

Debbie and I had the privilege of being with them - the evening was full of laughter - good times.

It encourages me to see that group growing numerically, and closer to one another relationally.

I am now at the stage where I get to be "grandpa" to all of their kids.

We continue to work hard, and minister and do God's kingdom work.

My responsibility is to be faithful and obedient - God's responsibility is to bring in the harvest.

He is "Lord of the Harvest".

Would encourage all of us to invite someone to come this Sunday, as I will be concluding my series in the book of John.

Several raised their hands for salvation yesterday - I praise God for that!

Let the Holy Spirit energize you today!  Let the Holy Spirit rejuvenate you this week!

Per my comment last week about the Pope resigning and me sending in my resume - no one has contacted me yet.  :)

Love you all......

No comments: