Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Sandy the storm

The Super storm Sandy has hit the shores of eastern America with full force.

You and I have sat back and watched the news - praying for those who are in harm's way.

Storms are never fun.

Especially storms in our own lives.

Here's what I know about storms.

They reveal the nature of my faith.  The strength of my commitment to Christ.  The level of my spiritual maturity.  The healthiness of my attitude.  The measure of my teachability.

Everyone has storms. 

In fact, for many of you reading this blog today - you are in the midst of a storm.  Perhaps the worst storm of your life.

Whether we are in or out of God's will - storms will come.

But let me give you words of hope today.  Jesus is with you and I in the midst of our storms.

Here's what I know:

Jesus prays for us in the midst of our storms.  He prays for us.  He intercedes for us.  What I know is that right now, Jesus is in heaven presenting your need to the Father.  We used to sing the song that had the line, "and he's every interceding."  That is so true.

Jesus comes to us in the midst of our storms.  He is not aloof.  He enters our storm with us. 

We want out of our storm immediately, I get that.  I am the same way.  We think we are in the worst part of the storm.  As soon as the storm comes, we think, if not say, "Okay, God, bail me out.  Here I am.  Find me.  Rescue me."

But this I know:  God is never too early, too late, he is always on time.  He growing us in the midst of our storms.  He is perfecting us.  He is molding us.  He is positioning us for something great.

Jesus will come to you and I at our darkest hour.  The time when we are the most needy.  While we are waiting to be delivered from our storm, Jesus is there.  He hears our cries.

So my word today is - "Fear not"!   365 times the Bible says, "Fear not!"  One for each day of the year. 

Give your fears to God.

Just a thought for a Tuesday.

No comments: