Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Converse All-Stars and God

When I was growing up, I had a pair of white, canvas, Converse all-star high top tennis shoes.

I wore them everywhere. 

They were not only, "all star" shoes, they were "all purpose" shoes as well.

I played basketball in them.  My senior year in high school, I played on the basketball team with them on (we won the European championship).

I ran around the neighborhood in them. 

Whatever I did, it was in those Converse sneakers (that's what we used to call them).

However, step into a Foot Locker or a Dick's Sporting good store and you will find a much different setting concerning tennis shoes.

Nowadays, people can buy designer (Michael Jordan, etc.) tennis shoes and you have a different kind of tennis shoe for every sport.

And - you can't just run and walk in the same shoe; you have to have a separate and different kind of shoe for each activity.

It is a amazing to me that there can be a difference between a running shoe and a walking shoe!

My understanding is that each shoe is specialized and crafted to fulfill the purpose for which it is being worn.

Here is the spiritual analogy:  In God's kingdom, He is "wearing you."

God has crafted and made every single follower of Christ to wear based on where He wants to go or where He wants you to take Him and carry out His purposes.

You are unique.  You have a role to play in God's family.

God never wastes anything.  He would not give you abilities, interests, talents, gifts, personality, and life experiences unless he intended to use them for his glory.

So...I encourage you to find out your purpose - and fulfill that purpose for God's glory.

God needs you - and you need God.

Just a thought for a Tuesday.

No comments: