Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 18, 2012

God knows what He is doing

I am thankful that God knows what He is doing - especially when I do not.

William Carey (the great missionary to India) had to overcome many obstacles to take the gospel to that country.

He finally found himself aboard the Oxford, bound for Asia.  Before the ship lifted anchor, its captain received an anonymous letter against Carey and deposited him back on land. 

In response, Carey wrote to his friend Andrew Fuller:  "All I can say in this affair is that, however mysterious the leadings of Providence are, I have no doubt but they are superintended by the infinitely wise God."

That is a "God centered" way of looking at life and ministry.

Many times we encounter situations that we just can't quite figure out.  All we can do is lean upon the fact that God is leading up and guiding us.

And you can keep on praising God for that - and in the midst of that.

You and I both know that God's ways are not our ways - and God's thoughts are not our thoughts. 

Faith says that I am okay with that.  Faith says God is too deep to figure out.  Faith says His wisdom is deep. 

Knowledge is what you know; wisdom is what you do with what you know.

It is only through God that I can be fully knowledgeable and wise. 

I am thankful that I can go to God at anytime.

Here's the deal:  God does not need my advice - I need His!

God does not need my assistance - I need His!

So what can I do this day, Thursday, October 18th?

I can relax in His presence knowing that He is in control of all things and that He deserves my praise at all times.

I encourage you right now, to lift up your hands and begin to praise God that He is aware of your situation and working behind the scenes so that all things are working together for good!

Just a thought for a Thursday.

No comments: