Total Pageviews

Monday, March 19, 2012

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend:

I understand that our youth group had a fantastic weekend retreat.

They always have a lot of fun - but this time I was told God really, really moved.  The Holy Spirit touched the hearts of many.  Worship was powerful.

Kids recommitted their lives to Christ.

I am very grateful.

We talked this morning in our pastoral staff meeting about carrying that spiritual momentum into the spring and summer.

Praise God for a group of wonderful, on-fire teenagers!

Here's what I know:  only the Holy Spirit can truly change someone(s).

Thanks to Pastor Noah and Jenni - you are do a great job!

Thanks to all of our youth leaders who went as well!

On the home front - we had very good services yesterday. 

God is looking for worshippers.  God is seeking worshippers.

God is seeking those who will worship him in spirit (we are not human beings have a spiritual experience - we are spiritual beings having a human experience) and in truth (in reality, as we are, not being something we are not).

My "March Madness" bracket is not doing well.  Missouri losing put a big hole in my forecast.

Michigan State is still alive!  Go green!  Go white!

Peyton Manning going to Denver.  Interesting.  I guess it is "so long" Tim Tebow.

I love my kids, and my grand kids.

I love my wife.

I love our church.

I love God.

(That all just kind of came out)

Our men's life group was fantastic this past Saturday.  The guys are verbal and vulnerable - two qualities you don't normally see in us as men.  Kudos to them for being so.

It excites me to see the spiritual growth that is taking place in the lives of many in our church.

God is moving in our church!

I am thankful for those who are accepting Christ and growing in God!

My role is to be faithful and obedient to God - God's "job" is to change people by His Holy Spirit.

I am one
And I am only one
I cannot do everything
But I can do something
What I can do - I ought to do
And what I ought to do - by the grace of God in me
I will do.

Will you join me in God's Kingdom Work?

No comments: