Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Serving with GLADNESS

I like what David writes in Psalms 100:2 - We are to serve the Lord with "gladness".

We are to worship/serve him with joy.

Here's what I know:  worship is service and service is worship.

Worshipping God is more than lifting my hand and my voice, it is helping others in the dailyness of life.

In doing God's work, we serve Him.  We serve the Lord.

We are not ultimately serving the church or a ministry leader or a pastor or a board.

We are serving God.  It is He that we worship and for Him that we work, not man!

So, I don't serve out of guilt or with my head hung low or with an attitude of "have to". 

I "get to" serve God.

David's thoughts include, "with gladness".

The Hebrew term for this phrase was used when talking about pleasant things that give happiness.

Some people serve God out of guilt or to ease their conscience.  Other serve because they feel forced to serve or obligated.

Let's serve God with gladness - knowing that nothing puts a smile on the face of God quicker - than someone who is serving with joy.

Just a thought for a Tuesday

No comments: