Total Pageviews

Monday, March 05, 2012

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend:

You may have heard me say this about my granddaughters:  They are the prettiest girls in the world, they are the smartest girls in the world and they are always right.

I know you feel the same way about your grandchildren.

It was great having them here over the weekend.

Small children take a lot of "work".  God bless you young mothers - with strength and patience.

Christie is doing a GREAT job as a mother.

When it comes down to it - after our relationship with God - all we really have is family.

To hear Georgia yell out, "Grandpa" - priceless.

I was told that there are 17 people in our membership class.  Praise God!

God is moving!

Wonderful spirit of worship yesterday.

May God help us all to go back to "the heart of worship".

My desire is to leave God "satisfied" with my worship as I leave a Sunday morning service.

God is hungry for my worship. 

Worship is all about God - not me.

Worship becomes more about me when all I can think about are my preferences.

Preferences change according to the times and seasons we live in. 

Preferences are about me - what I want, what I desire, my likes and dislikes. 

Praise is about God. 

Praise is not based on performance but participation.

God never changes.

God desire your worship!

I encourage all of us this week to pause throughout the day and say one sentence prayers of praise to God.  In fact, why not right now.  Deep breath.  Pause, "Father, you are in control.  I praise you for who  you are."

Great to have Stephanie and Eric with us as full time volunteers with the worship team.

Am really looking forward to spring.

Just a reminder - let's all continue to pray 60 seconds a day for our church and our community.

Love you all........

No comments: