Total Pageviews

Monday, March 12, 2012

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend:

I trust you are enjoying this wonderful weather with me. 

Beautiful days for March in Chicago.

Michigan State - number one seed in the west.  Go Green!  Go White!

My wish?  Kentucky - Michigan State in the final game on April 2nd.

It's what makes the March college basketball tournament so great - you never know who is going to win.

Had a wonderful dinner with my wife, Debbie last Friday evening - the love of my life.

Upward Basketball - I wish I had more superlatives to hand out - it was great, fantastic, wonderful, excellent.  I could go on.

The "celebration" service on Saturday morning - 5 kids accepted Christ.

That thrills me.

Prizes were handed out (to each child):  everyone went away happy.

People need the Lord.

Ministries such as Upward Basketball are "tools" to lead people to Christ.

And yet, at the same time - it is a lot of fun!

Can you have fun leading people to Christ - Absolutely!

Thanks to Jon and Cheri Hollowell for their leadership in Upward.  Thanks to their team as well!

We continue to see people come to Christ on Sunday mornings. 

For that - I am grateful. 

I am also grateful for the team that works together on Sunday mornings to make everything happen.

If you are reading this; and a participant with that team - thank you so much for your time and hard work!

We are not perfect as a church - but we are doing the best we can.  And that is all that God asks for!

Easter is fast approaching.  I would encourage everyone to come on Sunday morning April 8th with someone who does not normally come to church.

76% of all people come to Christ because of a friend.

76%.

That means you.  And...that means me.  Just a thought.

No comments: