Total Pageviews

Monday, October 10, 2011

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend:

Good to have Debbie home again.  I am so lonely with out her.  Out of sync.  Kind of wandering around muttering, "where's Debbie, where's Debbie."  Alright - I am worthless without her.

I "cooked" at Mindy's both night she was gone.

Ribs one night - chicken the next.  Man food.

I love the beautiful weather we are experiencing. 

We call this an "Indian summer" - but I am not quite sure why. 

Probably need to "google" it.

Had a great Saturday morning men's life group.  These guys are really "doing it" for God.  I like their intensity and their desire to grow spiritually.  Good stuff.

I often mention on these Monday morning blogs how wonderful our services are - and they are.  But yesterday - wow!  Powerful worship.  People lingering around the altars.

Thanks to everyone who has sent emails to me - sharing how God touched them yesterday.

If you weren't here yesterday - we missed you!

Everyone is needed at our church - everyone is important.

Am grateful for the best staff I have ever worked with.  They are caring, kind and hard working.

Go staff!

Bears versus Lions tonight.  Bears 28 - Lions 18.  You heard it here first.

The Chicago Bears show up and the Detroit Lions bubble bursts. 

Really like the worship yesterday.

We have a lot of good people in our church.

I am thankful that we are growing spiritually as a church.  We would like to be growing numerically as well (exploding numerically) but that will come.  I guess God is still doing a work in us who remain faithful until the explosion comes.

I am thankful my children are all serving the Lord.

I am grateful that my children are serving God.

Starting a new verse by verse series this Sunday on Philippians.  I am sooooo excited about this.  I love to teach the Bible verse by verse.

I love you all.

No comments: