Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Jesus our attorney

Our church attorney is on my speed dial. 

With the sale of our old property, I am in constant contact with him.

We have become friends.

However, and no offense to him, I look forward to the day that he and I no longer have a work relationship.

I've been thinking lately about the fact that Holy Spirit is - in a sense - our attorney.

Jesus said in John 14:26, "but the counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name...."

The Holy Spirit is our counselor.

A power of attorney is a legal right to sign on someone else's behalf.  That's exactly what happens when you and I pray.

When we pray (as followers of Christ), "Our Father....." the Holy Spirit delivers our prayer to the Father. 

But before God responds, He looks over to Jesus and asks Him if He is signing the note.  Jesus is our power of attorney.  He is the one who signs off on our prayers.

I'm thankful that we have an attorney who is not only for us (in the spirit realm) but He is the best there is.

So...go to the Father today with boldness!

No comments: