Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Not wasting time

I saw it again and again when I attended Bible School.

Teenagers who grew up in strict homes - when they arrived their freshmen year - and the restraints were lifted - and they were able to make their own decisions - went "crazy".

Staying up late at night.  Not doing their homework.  Being lazy.  Participating in parties. 

Some ended up drinking.  Messing around.  Focused only on dating.

Not realizing the price that their parents were paying for them to go to college. 

Not realizing that college is too expensive to waste time playing around.

I see a lot of people in God's kingdom who are messing around - not paying attention.  Wasting their time on this planet that could be used in spiritual growth and discipleship.

Not realizing (or not remembering) the cost that Jesus paid for our salvation.  Paul writes in 1 Corinthians 7:23, "you were bought at a price; do not become the slaves of men."

My relationship with Christ is free - but it cost God a lot.

I want my heavenly father to be proud of me.

I want to make "good grades" and be the "best" follower of Christ I can be.

I want at the end of my life for the Father to say, "well done, you have been a good and faithful servant of mine."

I don't want to waste my time - as Paul said in Ephesians 5:17, "making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil."

Just a thought for a Wednesday.

No comments: