Total Pageviews

Monday, June 20, 2011

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend

If you weren't in one of our services yesterday, let me share with you a story from our visit to Andrew, Christie's and Georgia's.

Georgia is 2 1/2.  She is the sweetest little girl I have ever met.  I mean that.  I know that sounds like Grandpa talking, but let me tell you, I have never met a little girl like her.

Saturday morning I was fumbling around, trying to put on her sandals.  She looked up at me and in the sweetest voice said, "you can do it, you can do it."

Even now that experience causes me to chuckle.

It fit in perfectly with my teaching on the gift of prophecy.  One of the definitions of the gift is that it is a spoken word of encouragement, strength or comfort to other believers in the body of Christ (1 Corinthians 14:3). 

Words such as, "God is with you.  You can make it.  You're going to overcome that temptation."

So.....my granddaughter, under this definition is a prophet!  (Prophetess).

Great stuff.

Christie is just about ready to have our second granddaugther. 

I am proud of all of my kids.  I love my family. 

Thanks to all of my children for contacting me for father's day.  The love you showed me yesterday is reciprocal.

Becky is doing well as director of volunteerism at her church.

Loved worship yesterday.  We have a great worship team.

Thanks, Stone Church, for participating in worship.  It thrills me and warms my heart.

God is good.

Our future (at Stone Church) is limitless.

Lots of respect for Rory Mcllory, who won the U.S. Open yesterday in record fashion, after blowing a big lead at the Master's.  That is the perfect example of:  Failure is never final unless we let it be. 

Great time with our men at our annual Grillin' and Chillin'.

Mark Clements is a great cook.  He should start a catering business.  His pulled pork is some of the best I have ever eaten.

Let's all be in prayer for RFKC coming up.

Bob and Carolyn Ferrari are doing a great job leading the ministry this year.

Summer is upon us.  I encourage all of us to be faithful in coming to church, whether it be at Stone Church or anywhere you are at on vacation.

God doesn't take the summer off.

Good things can happen in our church during the summer.

Debbie and I love you a lot!

No comments: