Total Pageviews

Monday, June 13, 2011

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend:

Great food at the two graduation parties we went to on Saturday!

Loved especially the whole pig that was slow roasted.  Tender and juicy.

Filipinos have great food!

Amanda, David and Demarcus did a wonderful job on Friday night at our Honduras youth benefit.  Excellent "MC's" of the event.  David dropped a couple of shots at me during the evening (I loved it).  "Paybacks" are tough - plus I do have the mike every Sunday.

Thanks and congratulations to all of the kids who participated in singing and drama.

Thanks to everyone who came out in support of our kids.

We have a talented youth group.

Spelling words backwards (a game at the youth event) is harder than you think.

I beat Evan Clements in ping pong.  Bad.  21-10.

I beat Evan Clements in ping pong, bad, and he still was talking "trash".  I love that.

Congratulations to the girls who were crowned as honor stars last night.  It was a beautiful ceremony.

Thanks to all of our Impact leaders and a special shout out to Leisa as the Impact ministry leader!

God's anointing and power were in both services yesterday.

God is a healer - and he still heals today.

I loved walking into our senior's Sunday School class yesterday, and hearing them worship (after the first service).  I stopped and worshipped with them.

Take that - Miami Heat!  Dallas Mavs rule!

Lebron choked.  There is no other way to say it. 

Dirk is one of the best basketball players in the world.

Why didn't Miami pressure the ball toward the end of the game?

Frank and Bea's mom passed away - our condolences to the family.  We are praying for them.

God is on the move!

My continual prayer is that our church family will be open to the moving of the Holy Spirit.

I love what I do.  It is not easy, but I do love what I do.

My wife is a great cook.

It's great having Stephanie and Eric with us now, helping us in leading worship.

No comments: