Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 09, 2011

Stress and being absent minded

Whenever I get stressed out - I get absent minded.  I start "kind of" blanking out.  You might notice it every so often in the foyer when you talk with me.  If you do, you know that there is a lot going on.

Today I went to see Nancy Healy in the hospital.  It was a series of comedic errors.

I went to the wrong hospital (she is at St. James in Olympia Fields - I went to Chicago Ridge). 

On the way there, I plowed through water on Route 30 at certain intersections that were underwater.

I was told, upon arriving at the hospital (Chicago Ridge) that Nancy was at Olympia Fields.  So, I tried to find my way to St. James in Olympia Fields without directions.  Got lost.

Finally, I found the hospital (it is actually easy to find) and went in and prayed with Nancy (I had "set my face like flint - as Isaiah says - to find it - I was determined).

She gets out of the hospital tomorrow.

On my way back to the office, I went north on 57 and forgot to turn off on 80 west.

Proceeded to go as far as 159th before I realized I was not going the right way.  Turned around and thankfully remembered to go on 80 west.

I felt like I was in an episode of the old "Lucy" show.  Stuffing chocolates in my mouth - do you remember that one episode?

It is at those times that I need to slow down, take a deep breath, and recommit my day to God.

Finding peace at the moment can be difficult to do, but with the Holy Spirit, all things are possible.

That's something I encourage you to do as well today.

Slow down for just a moment, get your bearings, take a deep breath, and have a conversation with God. 

Our walk with God is moment by moment, hour by hour, day by day. 

I'm thankful that God is always there, always ready to have a conversation with me - and relieve some of the stress that I am feeling.

How about you?

No comments: