Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Praying Psalms 70

David is my favorite character in the Bible.  A man of peace, a man of war.  The "apple" of God's eye. 

A man's man who was not afraid to express his feelings to God (and to us).

Many, many times in my life I have gone to the Psalms and prayed one of them - especially in the time of need.

Let's paraphrase Psalms 70 as a prayer today:

"Help, Lord, I need you right now!  Things are going on that need your direction and guidance in my life.

There are those who seek to bring shame and confusion in my life, I don't know why, but they are either intentionally or unintentionally bringing disorder.  Please deal with them as you see fit.  May everyone who desires to bring me down be turned back in disgrace.

May those who say to me, "Aha, aha, look at what you have done in the past, be turned back in shame.

But....may all who seek you during these times, rejoice and be glad in you!  May those who love a deep and abiding connection with you always sing out, "Let God be exalted"!

Yet...Lord...that is hard to do.  I am weak, full of failures and faults.   So come quickly, Lord.  You are my help and you are my deliverer.  Please, please do not delay."

Amen.

No comments: