Total Pageviews

Monday, March 01, 2010

thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend

We had a great day yesterday. I sensed God's Spirit in a powerful way.

Many people were released from their hurts.

There was only one bump - I told this "joke" in both services and no one laughed.

Let me tell it to you and see if you get it.

It speaks of worry and how worry doesn't help us when we hurt.

The story comes from an Ann Landers column where a woman wrote to her, very worried and distraught. The woman wrote to Ann Landers, "I am worried sick. I"m engaged to be married and I'm so worried because I've just discovered my fiancee has a wooden leg. Do you think I should break it off?"

I thought it was funny. Not many others did, however.

I am also pleased to announce that we have a new team member at our church: Noah Wedan. Noah and his wife Jenni are coming to us from Minnesota, having graduated from Trinity Bible College a couple of years ago.

It's been a busy weekend, as Debbie and I took them downtown and we had a great time eating and walking down Michigan Avenue.

We then showed them around Saturday morning and then they met with our youth leaders on Saturday evening.

Great couple. I love their humility and their desire to draw closer to God. I love their desire to draw close to our students and lead them into a deeper relationship with Him.

We are so excited!

Too bad about the USA hockey team yesterday. I heard it was a great game - didn't see it - but apparently it was a good game.

No comments: