Total Pageviews

Monday, March 30, 2009

thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend:

Wow...the good weekends just keep on rolling.

Friday evening, Debbie and I went out on a date. It had been a while since we had some time off. It was great to be with her and just kind of do nothing, except enjoy a good meal and a movie (the movie was lousy but that's okay).

Saturday morning, I must say, was a deeply spiritual experience for me. It was encouraging to find out that 91 people joined us for our Prayer Walk out at the site where we will be relocating our church. As I walked, I sensed and yes, felt God's presence in a powerful way.

Two thoughts came to me (one of which Debbie brought out):

First of all, this "Moving forward by faith" as we relocate to 18rd street begin years before Debbie and I came to Stone church. And it will continue long after we are gone.

What God is doing in our church is not about us, it's not about me, it's about God and what God wants to do through a group of people, a body of believers who are willing to do as he commands and move forward by faith.

Secondly, as we were walking along, we noticed corn cobs on the ground (a farmer had farmed corn there this past summer). I picked one up and Debbie said something to the effect that, "the farmer sowed seeds of corn and reaped a harvest that is temporary, we are going to sew seeds of our finances and reap a harvest of changed lives, people coming to Christ, people being set free from addictions."

It really struck me then more than ever before that when we invest into the relocation process it is more than just building a building with brick and mortar - it truly is about changed lives.

And by the way.....I commented to some friends that with the wind and the cold we were all "nuts" to be out there. That God calls "nuts" to do his work. I was told that I am the "lead nut" or the "biggest nut". Probably true!

We were "nuts" to walk around in the cold conversing with a God we can't physically see! It's great to be "nutty"!

The stories (testimonies) Sunday morning were phenomenal. Each person in their own way shared of the faithfulness of God. Of how they moved by faith, giving to God by faith, and God honored that faith and did a great work.

And...of course the skit by Hank and Erik was hilarious and meaningful at the same time.

Last night we had a group called, "True Live Worship" come and sing and share at our Sunday evening service. We had a great time in the Lord. I appreciated their willingness to submit themselves to the moving of the Holy Spirit.

Oh, and by the way, I watched Michigan State win yesterday. They beat Louisville to go the Final Four.

My predictions didn't come completely true of having a Kansas, Connecticut, North Carolina and Pittsburgh Final Four.

But my prediction of a North Carolina - Connecticut final could come true.

I was pleased Michigan State won (being that my daughter goes there). Their guards dominated. Walton and Lucas broke the press each time, State played stifling defense, and made shots when it counted.

And I must say that I have never been a Goren Suton fan until the last two games. For four years I have watched him kind of stumble around, and finally, finally, he is playing some great basketball. Well done, Suton!

Again, my heart says go State, but I still think it will be North Carolina willing in the end 76-68 over Connecticut.

No comments: