Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Sick and tired of being sick and tired

Many thanks to everyone who has been praying for me the past few days. I have been about as sick as I have ever been since my bout with Valley Fever in 1989. Some kind of flu stuff...nasty, nasty junk.

I missed church Sunday. The only time I can remember missing because of illness (in the last 18 years) was a few years ago Debbie and I got food poisoning at an Italian restaurant after eating portebello mushrooms. It was a Saturday night. I missed the next day, but what made it interesting was that the Sunday I missed was Super Bowl Sunday. Don't you think I received ribbing about that!

This time it was the flu. High Fever, headaches, Thursday night was the worst.

On Sunday morning, Debbie was on her way to church and prayed for me. There seemed to be a "tipping point" at that moment. I immediately had a turn around.

I've always gone by the theory that you never know what you have until it is taken away. That is especially true with our health.

Health is something that none of us should take for granted and every so often, I am reminded of that.

I mean, I was only down for 5 days ending yesterday, but at the end of yesterday, I was sick and tired of being sick and tired.

I can only imagine how those who deal with long term illnesses feel. And what about those with terminal illnesses?

To deal with that takes courage. Courage that I can only pray I would have if ever in that situation. Once again, my respect level for those dealing with debilitating illnesses rises and rises again.

I salute you for your fortitude, your faithfulness and your bravery in the face of the illness that you are walking through....and pray that God would reach out his hand and touch you - with healing.

With much love, George

No comments: