Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Questions on healing

Healing is such an interesting (and confusing) topic. There's so much we can't explain. Many times my answer to the question "why" is, "I simply don't know."

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to why and how God heals. God's methods cry out to us, "don't put me in a box!"

I see Jesus healing in the Gospel all the time. Yet, there's one thing I am beginning to notice. Jesus never really made it a big deal. He never held a "healing crusade," he never asked his guys to put together a mass meeting under the lights and cameras with the sole intent seeing miracles take place.

Or did he?

Here's a great question: If Jesus were on this planet in the 21st century in human form, would He hold mass meetings and healing crusades?

Now onto another thought. We are finishing up on the topic of the book of James this evening. James ends his thoughts with a section on healing and prayer.

I am still recovering from the flu (though not contagious at this point).

What if after the teaching this evening, someone came up to me and asked me to pray for them to be "healed."

Is it right for a "sick person" to pray a healing prayer for another "sick person?"

Or perhaps a better questions is this: Would a "sick person," go to another "sick person" to receive prayer for healing?

Just some thoughts...

No comments: