Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Praying for the sick

Last night we prayed for the sick. The lines were long. My heart breaks at all of the needs that were presented. It's one of the reason I still, to this day, feel called to do what I am doing. So many needs, so many hurts, so many sicknesses.

Debbie and I feel such a compassion for those who are hurting.

As I mentioned last night, my prayer is that all of us will catch the vision of praying for those in need. All of us as believers, can reach out and pray for the hurting at work, in our neighborhoods, in our families.

Praying for the sick is not just an assignment for "clergy" or for "superstar" evangelist.

We all, as believers in Jesus Christ can pray for the sick.

As a believer:

Jesus is in me.
Jesus has all authority.

Therefore, I have all authority to pray for the sick.

The same is true for you.

You have that same authority as a believer.

When someone is sick, may your first response be: "Let me pray with you."

Praying for the sick is to be a natural part of our Christian walk!

I look forward to hearing great reports!

No comments: