Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Heath ledger died yesterday. Probably drug related. I remember him from "The Patriot" and "A Knight's tale."

Once again, a Hollywood star dies in the midst of success and glamour. Money. Fame. The adoration of fans. 28 years old.

Once again, it reinforces in my mind that the possessions and pleasures of this world don't cut it. All they do is cry out for more and never satisfy.

Here's what I know: To be ultimately happy, we must seek God. Only God and a relationship with Him will make us temporarily and eternally satisfied.

The Rolling Stones used to sing, "I can't get no satisfaction." Kind of sums up my generation. We can't get "no satisfaction," because we are looking in all the wrong places.

My thoughts? True happiness comes from the inside out and not the outside in.

Are you unhappy? Are you lonely? Are you looking for satisfaction? Why not try Jesus? And I can tell you - you won't regret it.

No comments: