Total Pageviews

Monday, November 21, 2005

The devil - can he read my mind?

I'm often asked - can the devil read my mind? I think not. It's hard to be absolutely certain. Here's what I do know. I know that Satan has more power than any of the other fallen angels in God's realm and certainly more power than you and I - without God in our lives.

At the same time, Satan is not divine; he is not God, he does not have divine powers or abilities.

He is a created being with limitations that are found with being part of God's creation. Satan is an angel.

Angels are more powerful than people, but less powerful than God (I'm thankful for that!)

Here's what I do know for sure: God can read my mind. He knows my thoughts, even before I think them. The bible says in Psalms 139:4, "There is not a word on my tongue, but behold, O Lord, you know it altogether."

We sometimes jump to the conclusion that since God can read our minds and God is a supernatural being, than Satan's powers must be equal to God's

Not true.

Satan and his minions, however, study us and know our tendencies and our weaknesses. They know what will appeal to us.

So what do you think? Can Satan read our minds or not?

1 comment:

Jon said...

No, I agree with you...Satan is not a mind reader but he is/has studied (wo)man for a long time. By doing so, he knows what appeals to us, what tempts us, and under what circumstances we are liable to let that temptation get the better of us. He is truly the great deceiver and uses our own habits and miscues against us.

So praise God from whom all blessings flow...He is greater than all. I've heard you say this a number of times and I like it a lot, "It does not matter if the majority of man is against you; with God on your side, you become the majority!" It also does not matter if all the spirits, demons, etc., are against you, if God is for you, you should fear nothing. You will win! The Book has been written and the story told, in the end God wins...and He weeps for those who lose, who don't take the opportunity for salvation. God is love and offers eternal life for all who come to him. Shake the devil today and come to God, who will bless you and prosper you. And if you like parties, your salvation will start one in heaven because the angels will celebrate your redemption. That's a party to attend!!

God bless and keep you.

Jon