Total Pageviews

Monday, February 09, 2015

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend:
 
Congratulations to Deacon Kosloskus for being baptized in water yesterday!
 
It always encourages me to see children living for Christ - and growing in Him.
 
We had a fantastic life group leaders meeting last evening at Pastor Brian's home!
 
Thanks to Brian and Angela for opening up their home - you truly have the gift of hospitality.
 
Life groups change lives.
 
Life groups originated in Acts 2:46, "they broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts."
 
We are slowly transitioning from being a church that "does life groups" to a church of life groups that comes together on Sunday morning to celebrate what God has done during the week.
 
I am very grateful that the teaching yesterday (and the Q and A with Debbie and I) ministered to so many couples.  We all struggle at times in our marriages - my sincere prayer is that all of us who are married will make a commitment to "make our marriage better," with the help of the Holy Spirit.
 
Did you know that as you pray, the Holy Spirit can restore and renew that first love that you once had for your spouse?
 
Let's not underestimate what the Holy Spirit can do in our relationships, specifically in marriage.
 
I need the Holy Spirit - how about you?
 
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
 
I really like some of the new songs that we are singing - it touches my hearts to see God's people worshipping him - with hands raised in admiration of Jesus.
 
Are you excited about Jesus today?  I am!
 
It's all about Jesus.
 
If you are not already in a life group - why not think about joining one.
 
Please look forward to hearing more about our church-wide 40 day fast - leading up to Easter.  We will be challenging people to choose one day to fast - prayerfully anticipating filling up the 40 days.
 
Can I tell you something?  You are loved and appreciated.  You are needed at our church.  We are a family - the family of God.
 
Valentine's Day coming up:  I encourage you to spend some undivided attention with your spouse.
 
Love you all.......
 

No comments: