Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 30, 2014

From unceasing thinking to unceasing prayer

Your mind is always active.

Maybe I should say it this way:  My mind is always active.

I am constantly analyzing, reflecting, daydreaming or dreaming.

There is not a moment during the day or night when we are not thinking.

I would suggest that we use a biblical word to describe this part of our lives:  "Unceasing".

We think unceasingly.

There are times when I think to myself - "I wish I could just stop thinking for a while; that would save me from a lot of worry, guilt and fear."

Like a lot of things that God gives us, our greatest gift from him can be the source of our greatest pain.

So, what do we do?

Do we have to live in bondage to our own thoughts?

Here's one solution:  Convert your unceasing thinking into unceasing prayer.

Turn that inner monologue with yourself into a continuing dialogue with God - who is the source of love, peace and joy.

God really does want to listen to all that you are thinking about. 

When you are worried - talk to God about it - and be filled with peace.

When you are filled with guilt - talk to God about it - and receive His forgiveness.

When you are filled with fear - talk to God about it - and be filled with joy.

It's what Paul meant when he said in 1 Thessalonians 5:17 to, "Pray continually, to pray without ceasing, or to pray unceasingly."

Just a thought for a Thursday.

No comments: