Total Pageviews

Monday, July 11, 2011

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend:

My son, George, left today for California.  May God watch over him and bless him.

He has a bright future ahead of him.

We are still waiting on our second granddaughter to be born - any day now.

Many, many thanks to Stephanie Hiller and the worship band for leading us yesterday.  God was present!

This is the season for our church family to be on vacation.

I encourage you, wherever you go on vacation - go to a church service!

I'm thankful God never takes a vacation.

Just about the moment I get excited about the White Sox this year, they lose four in a row or four out of five.

The All Star game has become a boring affair.

Transformers 3:  great action movie.  A little bit long (It was interesting watching Chicago be destroyed by the alien machines).

I am grateful for all of the people in our church family who are faithful.

Excited and proud for Becky, my daughter.  She continues to do a great work as the director of volunteers at a church in New York City.

People are not to be tolerated but celebrated.

I feel sorry for Josh Hamilton (who plays for the Texas Rangers).  He threw a baseball up in the stands, and a man died trying to catch the ball (falling over a railing).  I also feel terrible for the family of the man who died.  A horrible tragedy.  "Father, be with everyone involved.  Strengthen them and comfort them."

May God continue to move and lead us in all of our lives.

With much love - George

No comments: