Total Pageviews

Monday, March 28, 2011

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend:

It was not a good weekend for my NCAA college basketball bracket choices.  None of my chosen teams are in the final four.

I am going to pull for Bulter University to win it all.

When all is said and done, much more is said than done.

Faith will always win, no matter what circumstances come or what people say.

My faith is in God.

God is always faithful.

With four words, God created light.

Four words.

Words are important.

Words can give life or give death.

RFKC is a wonderful ministry to kids.

John and Marlene Schwider are doing a great job!

The youth choir yesterday - what can I say?  Phenomenal!  I especially like the rap.

We are grateful to have a great staff:  Aldin, Amanda and Noah (and their families).  I am thankful for their dedication and hard work.

It encourages me to see all of our guests who are coming - and coming each Sunday.

Nothing is impossible with God.

Spring, spring, where are you?  We need you so much!

Prayed with Ken Swanson this morning at Christ hospital - having surgery.  I encourage you to pray for him also.

God is doing a great work at our church.

Isn't it amazing that the number one selling easy chair in America is the "la-Z-Boy."  Not Risk-E-Boy.  Or, Work-R-boy.

La-Z-Boy.

Church life is not meant to be a place of "comfort" but of risk and work in God's kingdom.

Once we start "playing it safe" we will die as a congregation.

God calls us as his people to be willing to risk - and to trust in Him.

Everything is risky.

500,000 Americans each year require emergency room treatment for injuries sustained while falling out of bed.

Ten people a year accidentally hang thesmelves on teh cords of their venetian blinds in their homes.

Tens of thousands of people go to the emregency room each year because of wounds caused by handling moeny - everything from paper cuts to (for the wealthy) hernias.

If everything is risky - why not risk on something that is important - for the kingdom of God?

I love Jesus, I really do.

No comments: