Total Pageviews

Monday, March 07, 2011

Thoughts from the week

Thoughts from the week

As I shared yesterday, I was in El Salvador last week with Convoy of Hope, feeding children in orphanages and schools.  It was a wonderful experience, and as usual, we all walked away grateful for what we do have - and wanting to minister to those who don't have.

It was heart wrenching to see people living in extreme poverty.  At the same time it was touching to see how they are responding - with joy on their faces, and the peace of God in their hearts.

Children especially touch me.  I had the opportunity to not only make up food packets and help pass them out, but to play basketball with some of the kids as well.

May we all be open to reaching out to the world - with our time, prayers and money.

El Salvador is a beautiful country.

I love the food there.

The El Salvadorian pastors are godly people.

When you get a small group of pastors away from their home environment - they go nuts.

I laughed so much on the trip (with the other pastors) that I came home hoarse.

American Airlines now has wifi - so I could read my kindle.

Missions is still "alive and well" in the world.

People need the Lord.

People need food.

People need us - around the world.

Great services yesterday with a great response around the altar.

God is moving!

I like to look out in a service and see the people of God worshipping.

As we open up our hearts - God is going to continue to move.

Eric Shultz has a great, great voice - and presence as he sings.

My daughter, Christie, came for the evening and visited us.  She is a wonderful daughter and I love her a lot. 

Shook hands with Dan Hampton (of the Chicago Bears) at our Pinewood Derby last Saturday.  He is a very big man.

We had a very good Pinewood Derby.  Met a lot of people for the first time.

My life group - what can I say?  Best meeting ever.  Sharing together.  Praying together.  Laughing together. 

If you are not a member of a life group - why not consider joining one?  You won't regret it.

No comments: