Total Pageviews

Monday, March 21, 2011

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend:

One of the things I've been thinking about a lot lately is living my faith during the week.

Christianity is more than what we do on Sunday mornings.

In fact, what we do on Sunday mornings is a huddle to "call plays".  The actual working out of our faith takes place during the week.

I sometimes grow weary of all of the administrative "stuff" that I do at the church - and the politics involved.  But it is part of what I do as a leader.  No one has a "perfect" job.

I experienced great life group meetings over the weekend.  I am soooooooo thankful for my life groups.  Praying together.  Eating together.  Being vulnerable with one another.  Lifting and encouraging one another. 

We are the body of Christ - acceptance is key.

Forgiveness is key.

Unconditional love is a key.

We can't be sure if your opinion is right, but we can be sure if your attitude is right.

Peter Morgan makes a "mean" 3 milk cake.

Therese Hiller is a fantastic cook.

The dance team from Evangel - wonderful!  There was a tremendous anointing upon their lives.

The testimonies of God meeting our needs as we give - priceless.

Duke and Kansas are still on target for the championship game.

I love our church.  I love the people in our church.

For all of you ministry leaders (and spouses):  Please consider coming, Friday evening, April 1, 2011 for a two hour event with Pastor Robert Rhoden.  You will be encouraged and ministered to!

We all are walking by faith and not by sight.

Thankful for all of our first time guests yesterday in our services.

People need Jesus.

Our responsibility is to take Jesus to them.

No comments: