Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

surprise

Gomer Pyle used to shout out, "Surprise, surprise."

Boy did I get one last Friday night.

About 8:30 P.M. I received a call from my dad saying that, "Mom is in the emergency room and she's lost a fourth of her blood and may not make it."

My mind began to race.

Dad continued, "She needs an operation, and may not survive." "They are taking her in for surgery."

I said, "Dad, do you I need to come down there (Springfield, Missouri) right now?" He said, "No, let's wait and see what happens."

I hung up the phone a little bit shocked. George (My son) and just driven in from Springfield and he said, "I saw her this morning and she was fine."

We were all stunned.

Then about ten minutes later, my mom calls and Debbie answers the phone. My mother speaks with Debbie as if nothing is wrong.

I thought to myself, "this is the fastest healing that I have ever seen."

It turns out that when my dad called, he was speaking of my grandmother or HIS MOM (who by the way is now recovering nicely - due to prayer).

Dad was a little shaken and led me to believe that it was my mom.

I got on the phone with my mother and after I had recovered a little bit I asked her, "Mom, I'm in a series on healing. Could you come up and share how God touched you and healed you in 10 minutes?" We both laughed. I said, "I was just here writing down some nice things I could say at the funeral." Again, we laughed (I guess that shows what a weird sense of humor we have).

Surprise, surprise.....

You just don't know do you?

No comments: