Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 07, 2009

Becky

My daughter Becky graduates from Michigan State University tomorrow. I am extremely proud of her (as I am all of my children).

She texted me yesterday saying that she had taken her last exam. I can just imagine the feeling she has of being done with school and tests and exams and professors and meeting deadlines for papers and preparing for quizzes.

Now, on to something else in life. I am excited for her.

Here are some of my memories of her the past 22 years:

Being in musicals at church, always smiling that smile

Running track in high school and then throwing up after her event (I admired her tenacity)

Being 8th grade class President

Being involved in school politics

Being nominated for homecoming queen (she was the prettiest one out there)

Going on an AIM Trip to the Philippines

Going to Europe by herself

Participating in Fine Arts with a short sermon, human videos and drama solos

Getting her driver’s license

Leaving her at the dorm that first day of her sophomore year at MSU. I cried all the way home.

Well done, Becky!

No comments: