Total Pageviews

Monday, August 04, 2008

My birthday and the Cubs

I turned 52 last Saturday. 52. And....I am going to be a grandfather this December. Incredible. I suppose I should start acting my age and reach out and grasp the maturity thing....but, nah, I think I'll keep on having fun.

Debbie and I went to a Cub game with a friend (and his wife) that I went to high school with. We have known each other since 1972, and talked more together on Saturday than we have combined since 1974 when we graduated from high school. He and his wife recently moved back into the Joliet area. It's kind of interesting how we've both moved all over and now live about 20 minutes from each other.

The Cubs won. Every time I have been to a Cubs game - they have won. If you value your team, Cub fans, I am open to going to any game that you would like to facilitate me going to. Anything for the team.

It was a beautiful day, we sat in the shade, the win was blowing in off of the lake and the sky was blue. If you ask my opinion, and you didn't but I'll give it to you anyway, it's a slice of heaven on earth.

I like to play basketball, watch football on T.V. and watch baseball in person. There is just something about spending 2 and a half to 3 hours watching a game at that slow pace that just decompresses me like nothing else can.

Also...I had two brats with mustard, relish, tomatoes, cooked onions and sauerkraut on them. One pretzel. Two diet cokes (of course). Peanuts and finally some chocolate malt ice cream.

Good friends, good food, good game, great stadium, beautiful day, good times.

No comments: