Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Driving to work and dealing with the flesh

Speaking of the "flesh" which I blogged about yesterday, my commute to Stone Church each morning has been interesting. I try to use that as one of my prayer times, however am interrupted on a frequent basis.

Since I have begun my 20 minute jaunt from my house to the church I have been cut off, nearly run over, given the "one way" sign, seen an accident in which an apparently inebriated man ran into a truck in front of him without stopping, and beaten off the "starting gate" from a stop light from an apparently mild mannered soccer mom (until she gunned it and tore off into the distance).

I would surmise that your commute is much the same. Our vehicles have become the last frontier of the "wild west". Within a 20 minute trip is enough drama to fill up an entire week much less the day.

How do you handle such frivolity? I guess at this point I should say that I don't let it bother me and that I pray for the people who aren't very polite, but that isn't always the case. Sometimes I have to repent as I am walking through the door of my office. But I am trying.

No comments: