Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Staying close to God

One of my prayerful desires is that we all seek to be used by God.

Napoleon Hill has written that, "the starting point of all achievement is desire."

Where does that desire come from? From staying close to God.

There's a principle here to remember: As Dwight L. Moody once said, "God always uses the man closest to him."

When I was in high school, I played basketball. When I was taken out of the game, I always liked to sit near the coach so that I would be close enough to him that when it came time to put someone else in, I was right there. He didn't have to look far to find me. That's how much I wanted to get back in and play the game.

God uses those who are eager to get into the game. That's why I want to make a habit of "sitting next to God" so to speak, so that when he's ready to use someone, he sees me first. I want always to be in a position where God can do something with my life.

Isaiah heard the voice of God saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And Isaiah responded, "Here am I. Send me!" (Isaiah 6:8)

God is asking the same question today. He's looking for those who are to ready to be used in a great way. When he's searching the sidelines for someone to take the court, I want to be sitting close to him.

No comments: