Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is my favorite day of the year. We celebrate giving thanks to the Father, but it's also a day of fun, food, family and football.

What are you thankful for?

I am thankful for my children (and that includes my son-in-law) who are all serving God.

I am thankful for my wife, my best friend, my encourager and life companion.

I am thankful for the opportunity to serve and lead a wonderful church with a great staff and faithful leadership.

I am thankful for my good health, which I don't take lightly.

I am thankful for my relationship with God. He is so patient with me.

But this week, I am also extremely grateful for the opportunity to lead Stone Church into the future.

It has been said that in every man's lifetime is one great opportunity to do something great for God. That has already taken place in my life.

Now, God is giving me a second opportunity to do something great for Him. For that I am grateful.

I believe that within 15 years, we as a church will:

Build in Orland Park on 183rd Street
See our church grow numerically to 1500
Plant 4 churches
Give 1 million dollars a year to missions.

Now that's a great opportunity. My prayer is that you will take the journey with us.

Be blessed,

George

No comments: