Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

F.I.R.E.

Last Sunday afternoon I was meditating on the Sunday evening service (which means I was flat on my back asleep). When I awoke, the following thoughts came to me.

We desire the fire of God to be experienced at Stone Church.

What brings about the fire?

F - Freedom

Let's be free to worship God in spirit and in truth. Let's be free in our daily walk with God. God has not called us to legalism but to holiness!

I - Invite

Let's continue to invite anyone and everyone to join us in connecting with God and with one another.

R - Release

Let's release control. 85% of all church conflict is due to one thing. Who is in control? We camouflage it with all kinds of issues - church music, personality differences, ministry direction, but the enemy loves to confuse and attack us with feelings of "If it's to be - it's up to me."

E - Expect great things

Let's expect great things from God! We learn from the past, live in the present and lock-in on the future.

Freedom, Invitate, release, expect....may the fire of God fall!

No comments: