Total Pageviews

Monday, December 03, 2007

Greater things

I found out Saturday evening around 5:30 P.M. that I was going to speak yesterday. Sometimes its during those moments that God chooses to move in his power and grace in a way that amazes us.

Feeling led to speak on the subject of healing, I received word Sunday afternoon that two people shared that they were healed Sunday morning. I also had the opportunity to pray the "sinners prayer" with a new brother in Christ.

Quite the morning. I believe its just the foretaste of what God has in store for us at Stone Church.

Jesus said in John 14:12-14, "I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these , because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it."

While we have celebrated our 100 year history this past year, maybe its time we start believing in ourselves not just because of our wonderful past, but because of our fantastic present and incredible future that God has for us.

Just a thought.

No comments: