Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Desiring God

In 1955, the largest soda McDonald's offered was 7 ounces. In a little over 50 years, it has swelled six times that size to 42 ounces.

In a recent international marketing campaign, McDonald's is pushing their super-sized drink more than ever, lovingly naming it "Hugo" to entice customers.

Should someone choose to grab a Hugo, he or she will be taking in over 400 calories in the drink alone.

When is enough enough? Our culture craves for more, more, more. It goes back to what we were talking about yesterday. There is a sense in which we are never satisfied.

Only Jesus can satisfy. Only a true relationship with Him.

Yet for some, the presence of God is an acquired taste.

I can remember when I first started drinking coffee. I hated it. Now, I love it. It is an acquired taste.

Let me tell you something. When you and I reach heaven, tasting of the presence of the Lord will be an acquired taste for some.

Many have trouble spending time in the presence of the Lord. They crave and drink of so many other things.

Yet in heaven, we will be filled with presence of the Lord. Are you ready for that?

I encourage all of us to begin to taste and drink of the true drink: the water of the presence of God. Lot less calories there also.....

No comments: