Total Pageviews

Monday, July 23, 2007

Bible characters and you

What Bible character most describes you? If you could pick a character in the Bible that would give a description of whom you are like - who would it be?

It's an interesting question.

When I was asked that I spontaneously answered, "a mixture of Paul and Peter." I feel that I have Paul's drive and leadership abilities, but at the same time love to be around people like Peter.

Yet the more I think about it, the more I feel I am like David in the Old Testament. David was described as a "man after God's own heart." He was a warrior and a king. A leader. A man of passion. A man with many strengths, but many weaknesses and flaws as well.

There are times when I pray the Psalms and my prayers are cries to God for a reconnection of intimacy and contact with Him. I relate to David when he practically shouts out for forgiveness. And there are times, admittedly, when I pray what are called the "impecatory psalms," where David unashamedly asks for God to deal with His enemies in a strong way.

I long to draw closer to God. I really do. I long to walk in His will. I long to be tender in my spirit toward His presence in my life.

So, I ask YOU the question today. What Bible character most describes you today?

No comments: