Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Can an evangelical Christian vote for a mormon to be president?

It's interesting to me that "faith" as the media calls it, is part and parcel of the presidential debates and concerns as we choose our next president.

I saw part of an interview with Hillary Clinton, John Edwards and Barak Obama concerning their "faith" and what it means to them.

But what's really interesting to me is how Milt Romney's presidential run will play out with Evangelical Christians being that he is a Mormon.

I can remember when I was first pastoring in a small town near Bakersfield back in 1981. One of the major issues amongst the evangelical churches was whether to have the Mormon church softball team play in our "church" league and it even went so far as there were some Christians who suggested we banned Christians from going to our local Mormon dentist.

So the bigger question becomes, "can an evangelical Christian vote for a Mormon to be president?"

I don't want so much to give an opinion here as to ask your opinion - what do you think?

No comments: