Total Pageviews

Monday, October 23, 2006

Are you being tested?

David writes in Psalms 26:2, "Test me, O Lord...examine my heart and mind."

Do you like a test? Most of us don't.

Test show what we have learned in life. Test show what we know and what we don't know. They are opportunities to express our maturity and our potentional.

Here are some things I'm learning about tests:

1. During different seasons of my life tests come - as I grow in God.

2. Our goal, when the tests come is to pass them, otherwise God will allow circumstances to come into our lives that will have us keep on taking THE SAME TEST until we pass it.

3. A test passed brings great reward. It shows that you and I are ready to receive God's blessing. It shows that we are ready and able to handle God's promotions.

4. I must always wait upon divine promotion rather than self-promotion. I can't rush ahead of God - many times I must WAIT and for God to open the door.

5. We can be used until we have been tested.

6. God tests us to succeed, Satan tempts us to fail.

The tests that God allows (or sends in our lives depending upon your theology) are there to help us reach the full potential that he has for us. God's not some hard-hearted parent who enjoys seeing us suffer through the trials of life. But for us to be used greatly, we must be ready for what lies ahead.

Most of God's tests are about our character.

Is God testing you today? Know that there is a purpose. More on this tomorrow.

1 comment:

Jon said...

Just as with every test in life, whether in school or sports or business, you will not succeed without sacrifice. The more you sacrifice, the greater your knowledge or strength or business acumen to follow the line above grows to be with passing the test.

But God's testing is about our heart, not our mind or body or money. He wants to know if we are learning to be more like Jesus, the example He sent down to us, each and every day. There is no greater sacrifice than that performed by Jesus but He told us how to pass the tests to come. "As you would do unto the least of these, so have you done unto me." (I know someone will provide the address as they feel necessary) That's the test.

Situations arise in our lives to make us understand that it is all about giving. If you don't like to give, it is likely that circumstances will occur in your life to take everything important away from you. Not that this happens to everyone but those who are ready to learn may see this lesson develop in their life. If you are unforgiving, you might face a crisis of being condemned. If you are hard hearted, you might face the crisis of being loved.

What? You say being loved is no crisis? That being loved is something to be sought after? Why then do so many turn away from Jesus? Why then do so many avoid the greatest love in (or out of) the world? I don't know the answer to those last two questions but I do know a lot of people who choose to live their lives this way. My test...to get them to see Jesus in my life, in my behavior, in my FACE each and every day. Pray with me that I pass this test and that even one can be saved before the end of this world.

Oh, I love God so much and I want everyone to know that love. Not just my love but His Love. The love that sacrifices everything to ensure life. Every year we hear of "heroes" who risk their lives, and sometimes pay the ultimate price in doing so, to save others. Jesus knew the end and still lay His life down for all of us...ALL OF US! Not just for me, but for you as well.

Do you think that you are too bad for Jesus to forgive? More tomorrow (I pray I have the time) as to why I KNOW you are wrong to think that!

May God bless and keep you today. May you feel His warmth and comfort in whatever "test" you are in.

Love God, Love People.

Jon