Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Microscopic lives

One person termed life a century ago as a "survival of the fittest." That phrase has always brought forth different images to me.

Like we are all mice running over each other, trying to get to the cheese. Or a group of dogs all trying to get the one bone. Well, you get the picture.

Life has a way of pushing us into focusing only on the temporary, what is happening now, the problems and trials that we face each day.

It doesn't leave a lot of time to focus on the "big picture", time in which we figure out just what in the world the whole thing is all about.

We are here - and then we are gone. Whoosh.

Are we only here to get through this day?

Is our existence allowed to show that we can survive, while pushing down those around us who are weak?

As the Apostle Paul would say, "God forbid."

Life is a gift. A gift from God to be cherished each and every day. Every moment, whether good or bad, is a time to live, really live, in our relationship with God and in our relationships with each other.

There is purpose.

There is direction.

What is my ultimate purpose?

I would suggest to you that my ultimate purpose is to please God - and then everything else will fall into place.

I don't have to "survive" as long as I know that I am pleasing God.

I don't have to walk through life, living a microscopic life, but can enjoy the day knowing that God has me here for a purpose.

Just some random thoughts.....

No comments: