Total Pageviews

Monday, March 10, 2014

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend

Saturday was a busy, meaningful day at our church.

We had our annual "Upward Celebration", which is a time when all of the kids and parents gather together to receive awards for their participation in this basketball ministry to the community.

There was a guest speaker - and I am told that several kids raised their hands for salvation!

Praise God!

We also had a district wide Royal Rangers leadership seminar at our church.  Thanks to all of our Royal Ranger leaders for attending!

Finally, our TBQ teams went to Effingham, Illinois for a district meet.  I understand that they did really well - thanks to all of the kids and to all of our adult leaders!

Wow!

Good stuff.

I am thankful for your prayers.  As I said yesterday, it has been a very difficult two weeks - but it is very comforting knowing that you are praying for me - and concerned.

Let me give you the scripture that I read yesterday from Psalms 112:7, "They do not fear bad news; they confidently trust the Lord to care for them."

My trust and my faith is in God.

Sometimes when God is all we have - God is all we need.

One time, the disciples of Jesus (John 6) were struggling with understanding the teachings of Jesus.  They began to grumble amongst themselves.

Jesus dug a little bit deeper into his teaching and basically said that no one can come to Him and fully understand what He is saying unless God enables them.

The Bible says that (John 6:66), "from this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him.

Jesus then said to the 12, "You do not want to leave too, do you?"  (John 6:67)

Peter answers in verse 68, "Lord to whom shall we go?  You have the words of eternal life."

In other words, "where else can we go to but to you, Jesus!"

I can relate to that and I know you can to.

Let me rephrase what I wrote above:

You and I never will know God is all we need until God is all we have.

Love you all.....

No comments: