Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Moving of God's spirit

My desire is that my relationship with God be more than a formal, once a week handshake on a Sunday morning.

I desire to experience God, to know God, to communicate with God every day of my life.

If you are like me, there has to always be more, more of God's spirit and God's power.  More of an intimacy and closeness with Him.

I don't have all the answers in to how to do that - any more than I have all the answers in creating a sense of closeness with Debbie.

I do know that to draw closer to God, I would do well to:

Spend time with God (Time average American spends per day in religious and spiritual activities: 9 minutes).  Spending time with anyone (much less God) doesn't mean that I will draw close to them.  However, I can't strengthen my relationship with God unless I spend time with Him.

Hang around people who know God.  I came back from the revival, Holy Spirit led atmosphere, charged up and ready to go.
 
Read the Word.  There is power in the Word of God.

Attend services and events that will "light your fire" for God.

Attempt things for God, that unless God is in it - it is doomed to fail.

Spend time with God.  I can't over emphasis that.

Most people don't hate God - it is just that they forget about God in the busyness of life.

Jeremiah 29:13 states, "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

I believe that while there are a lot of great churches in our community, God is looking for a church that is seeking Him with all of their heart.  My desire is that we be that church.

This Wednesday evening, we will be having a time of prayer and praise.  I encourage you to come.  Come to worship.  Come to sing.  Come to praise.  Come to experience the presence of God.

And perhaps, just perhaps, your life might be changed.

No comments: