Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Cuts and bruises

Well, I dove in the water during my vacation and hit the ring finger on my left hand and bent it down, shredding the tendons at the top of the finger.

It is officially called "mallet finger," or "baseball finger," and happens a lot in sports.

My finger will be in a splint for 8 weeks.

The doctor did give me the option of surgery, but when he told me that he would take tendons from my finger and hook them together, and then said that he would put a steel pin into the top of my finger, I said, "no thank you."

Especially when I asked him if it would hurt and he said, "yes."

No surgery for me.

During my vacation, I also sat down wrong on a golf cart and took a chunk out of my back, leaving a scar. I sat down wrong on a lawn chair and cut up my backside. I finally stepped on a rock wrong that was in the water and cut my foot.

After all of that I was trying to figure out if God was mad at me or just wanted me dead.

Have you ever had days (weeks) like that?

Anyway, as the song says, "I will survive!"

And....somehow.....some way....as I share my tale of woe...I am not getting much sympathy.....

No comments: