Total Pageviews

Monday, April 05, 2010

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend:

What a wonderful weekend it was!

It was a blast being with Christie, Georgia and Becky the past few days.

Georgia is really growing. Her facial expressions and actions bring a great deal of joy into my life. I love getting on the floor and chasing her around. She is quite the young lady.

It warms my heart to see that Christie is such a good mother. She has such a love for her daughter - my granddaughter!

Debbie and I also had a lot of fun with Becky! While MSU did not win last Saturday night, it was fun hearing of how she got to go to the game in Indianapolis! I am extremely proud of her (as I am of all of my children).

At one point we all "skyped" George and talked with him in Paris. He attended Sunday morning worship service (Easter) at Notre Dame. It was fun talking with him and have our family (in one sense) all together.

Well, what can I say about yesterday. Powerful. Anointed. Amazing. Best service that we have had since I have been here.

I was told that some 20-25 people raised their hands (and most of those came forward for prayer) for salvation. It made my weekend, my week, my month, my year...well, you get the point.

Everyone did so well.....from the drama to the worship choir to the solo...

And then.....Debbie and I had the privilege of greeting almost everyone in the services as we encouraged people to "walk across the bridge". It was a joy to see new converts in Christ walk across first, along with church family folks.

Tears were shed, joy was expressed, truly Christ is risen!

I can't tell you how much I love my church family. They are a true joy to pastor.

May this be the beginning of a wonderful time of ministry in our church!

P.S. Let me say thank you to everyone who helped and participated in the "Bridge". We couldn't have done it without you. Thank you so much!

No comments: