Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 01, 2009

Being refreshed

Every once in a while God sends something my way that keeps me going - that let's me know that what we are doing in ministry is making a difference.

It's kind of like playing golf. You can be playing a really lousy round and then all of a sudden, "bam" - you hit a shot that you see the pro's making on television. That one shot will keep you coming back.

Reuben and Marcy Luna asked for an appointment with me today. I didn't know what to expect.

They are new to our church - having reconnected to Christ a few months ago. They are joining our church in membership.

As we sat down in my office, I begin to kind of probe them for what they wanted (normally when people are in my office they need something or are not happy with something - I don't begrudge that - it's just the nature of what I do).

As I probed, all I got was:

"We just wanted you to know how happy we are here at the church."

"God is really doing a work in our lives."

"We are focusing on parenting our children."

"Our children love the ministries at Stone Church."

"Our home life is great."

You could see the joy of the Lord in their lives, literally. Their faces glowed with the happiness of God.

Listening to them left me refreshed in my spirit, kind of like jumping in a pool of cold water on a hot, hot day.

Wow......May they be blessed. And may we at Stone church be blessed with many more Reuben's and Marcy's.

No comments: