Total Pageviews

Monday, July 20, 2009

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend:

Friday evening, my brother Mark came in for the weekend. We've had a great time. It's been fun catching up.

Yesterday, Mark shared with our church family concerning two of the four projects he is working on. I was thrilled to hear of how many people have been saved through Journeyanswers.com (you can find this on the cover page of our website). 22,000 people have come to Christ in the past few months....one-fourth of them are now in discipleship through Network211.com (I encourage you to check this out as well).

Last night at our life group meeting, Mark shared of his divorce and the fact that God continues to be faithful, even in the midst of a difficult time.

Powerful, powerful stuff. "They meant it for evil, but God meant it for good," comes to mind (Genesis 50:20).

Friday evening, Mark, Debbie, my daughter Becky and I were in Nordstrom's....doing some shopping.

I noticed a young family, with a small boy....a little boy with a shock of blonde hair. I was thinking how cute the little guy was when all of a sudden I look down and he's clinging to my leg for all its worth.

He thought I was his dad. But what was funny was that when his dad approached to get him, the little boy waved him off....mom was having a difficult time pulling him away (the were a young polish couple) until the little guy looked up at me and saw I wasn't his dad!

Funny stuff. So many life lessons there it's crazy.

Sometimes what we think we are holding on to for dear life is our salvation, isn't our salvation at all.

I want to hold on to Jesus - how about you!

More money won't do it, more things, more hobbies, only Jesus is ultimately our salvation.

Why not turn to him today?

No comments: