Total Pageviews

Monday, July 13, 2009

Thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend:

What a great weekend!

As I stated in my last blog, Debbie and I went down to Springfield, Missouri and spent time with family, showing off our granddaughter, Georgia. She is such a sweetheart!

We took a picture of the 5 generations, my grandmother, my dad, my daughter, my granddaughter and myself. The picture is to the right.

What a great family time we had!

It might be one of the last times that I get to see my grandma (she is 95). She is still fairly sharp, and has that continual dry sense of humor!

Saturday evening, we had a great dinner with the building committee members and their wives. What a blessing they are to our church, giving of their time and talents. God has brought together a great team - with John Hayes as our chairman.

Yesterday mornings service - what can I say but one word - powerful.

Every once in a while, we as a church family experience a "bench mark" Sunday or a Sunday that not only propels into the future but a Sunday that we look back to as a highlight of what God is doing in our church.

Several raised their hands for salvation, one brother recommitted his life to Christ after spending time away from God. There was such an energy level of God's Spirit!

Many came forward to be prayer for - many needs were given to God!

And then....the Ground Breaking.....wonderful.....as we were singing "we are standing on Holy Ground," I felt a powerful sense of God's presence.

The dream is becoming a reality!

Our District Superintendent, mayor (Orland Park) architect and others were present to help us celebrate.

I am excited!

No comments: