Total Pageviews

Monday, December 15, 2008

thoughts from the weekend

Thoughts from the weekend.....

Debbie and I saw, "the day the earth stood still." It's one of the top ten worst movies that I have ever seen. The acting was horrible, the suspense almost non-existent, wow...the only redeeming thing was that we saw it on the ultra screen...now that was cool...great, comfortable chairs...

Becky came home yesterday. I'm glad she made it safely. George comes home today. It's always great to have them with us - especially for the holidays.

The children's production yesterday morning was very good. I really appreciated all of their hard work and effort.

It was good to get together as an entire church family in one service. We were able to "squeeze everyone in." There were a lot of guests - I'm thankful some raised their hands as Pastor Aldin gave an appeal for people to connect with Christ.

I was talking with Shirley Sorenson and sharing with her that I no longer need to "fight for a front seat" during the children's productions because our children are grown and out of the house. She reminded me of little Georgia Grace, my granddaughter, and the fact that in just a few years Debbie and I once again will be there at her church Christmas productions - an hour early just to get a seat near the front....ah, the cycle of life.

The Dallas Cowboys won last night. Their defense was excellent, the offense okay. I was please to see Tony Romo play so well.

Great weekend.

No comments: